Save a Life!
Take the First Responder Quiz
1. You saw your dog licking from a puddle under your car. What is the best thing to do?
A. Tell your dog to stay away from it.
B. Give an antihistamine like Benadryl.
C. Give a dose of hydrogen peroxide.
2. Your dog bit an electrical cord and he is flat out. You've moved the cord away, now what?
A. Start chest compressions.
B. Start the CPR process by checking the airway.
C. Do a Heimlich.
3. Your Weimeraner is trying to vomit, his belly seems swollen, and he's getting weaker. What do you do?
A. Give an anti-gas tablet.
B. Get to the hospital as fast as you can.
C. Squeeze the abdomen and get him to burp.
4. Your Shih Tzu has one eye closed and he is rubbing it. What is the next step?
A. Put an Elizabethan collar on and get him seen by the veterinarian.
B. Hold a wet tea bag on it to soothe it.
C. Bandage his paw so he can't rub it.
5. Your male Boxer has had diarrhea for 24 hours and feels fine, but now you see blood in it. What should you do?
A. Give Pepto-Bismol.
B. Give an enema to get the blood out.
C. Take food away for 24 hours.